View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Default 1st Posthumous card released??? also, declared value question

Posted By: jeff

Greetings one and all. Don't post much, but love reading.
2 questions, 1 for curiosity, 1 for function.

1. Was reading the back of a t205 joss and saw it discussed his death. Got me curious about what the earliest such card was. Not simply one that came out after the player's death, but one that actually mentioned the death...one where the death was known prior to the printing. Do we go 19th century for that? Any ideas, thoughts, knowledge about that??

2. I'm a PSAer and have long wondered about the declared value of a card for submission. obviously, PSA's prices are through the roof, esp. after this last increase. what if i were to declare the value below what i believe it to be? obviously, this would be an insurance risk, BUT DOES THIS PRESENT A GRADING RISK?? IF A CARD IS BETWEEN A 6 AND 7, WILL THE FACT THAT IT WAS SUBMITTED AT A LOWER LEVEL FOR A LOWER FEE AFFECT WHICH WAY THAT CARD GETS GRADED?? HAS ANYONE FOUND THE DECLARED VALUE OF A CARD HAVING AN ACTUAL IMPACT ON THE GRADE ITSELF?? If I buy (what i believe to be) a $1200 card for $400, do i have to submit it as a $1200 card and pay out the wazoo, or can i get away with submitting at the $500 level?? ideas??
thanks for any thoughts on either of the above.
jeff