View Single Post
Old 12-21-2023, 02:01 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I am a likely an outlier but I think including the undiscovered and ungraded, numbers are closer to 10000 each at minimum for common backs. T206 is the 1989 Topps of prewar, there is nothing even close.

Greg’s post is a good starting point for understanding, the numbers of these were astronomical especially when the population is considered. Smoking was common for adults and children at the time, they likely had the opportunity with habit to collect 2-3 cards a day. The stories of sweeping dozens of cards off the floor of bars are common. The only limitation to claiming there is multiples of millions out there is time and that most did not hold onto them for long.

That said, the idea that stars should be more common than “commons” makes logical sense. The stars likely do have the highest real population.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 12-21-2023 at 02:10 PM.