View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 09:32 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachS View Post
I completely agree. You're paying them for a service and they failed to provide that service. If this was a slabbed card and the slab was broken I could see blaming the packaging (obviously a bubble mailer would be the preferred method).

In this case the envelope is bent and completely ripped apart. The object of the USPS is to receive mail IN AN ENVELOPE and deliver it to it's destination. I don't see how you can blame the packaging when it looks like it went through a shredder.
The sender spent $2.32 to send the item from Washington to Texas. That cost won't even buy you a gallon of gas these days. Any time you don't insure a package, this is the risk that you take on. If the contents are valuable, then insure it. That's what insurance is for. As an ebay seller, I ship in a bubble mailer and don't insure anything under $200 since I figure that the cost that I save by not insuring will allow me to compensate the buyer for those rare instances that the item doesn't arrive safely. Stuff happens, and you have to plan for it.

Last edited by glchen; 04-06-2015 at 09:33 AM.