View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Frankb22

Regarding your..........

"I'm glad Jim R asked first because I respect his knowledge when it
comes to the tougher backs so the answer must not be obvious.
Why are they no-prints?"

It gets somewhat complicated; however, here's my answer to you..........

My observations of of several surveys of BROAD LEAF 460, Red HINDU, and UZIT cards......combined with my research
while putting together my AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 sub-set has resulted in what appears to be a well-defined pattern.

My theory is......American Lithographic (ALC) printed simultaneous press runs of BROAD LEAF 460 and Red HINDU cards
with fronts common to both (Winter of 1910). In the Spring of 1911, ALC printed simultaneous press runs of AMERICAN
BEAUTY 460 and UZIT cards (with fronts common to both).

Furthermore, because of the timeline difference (4 months) the BL 460 / Red HINDU pairs are mutually exclusive with the
AB 460 / UZIT pairs. Therefore, assuming my theory is true, this pattern allows us to predict which front/back combos
were printed, As a consequence, we are also have the ability to determine which front/back combos are NO-PRINTS.

The three lists of BROAD LEAF 460 that I have posted in this thread are the results of this research. I have a very high
confidence factor that these lists are an accurate representation of "The Monster" with respect to not only the BL 460
cards; but also, the AB 460, Red HINDU, and UZIT cards.

Thanks for your excellent question,

TED Z