Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 03:16 PM
Graig Kreindler

Sorry it's taken so long to respond to you guys! I really appreciate all of the kind words about my stuff, as per usual. And it's super cool that some of you actually have favorites. Every bit of positivity you guys send my way is soooo wonderful, especially considering how challenging things have been in the past few years. Your patience (you know who you are) has also been BEYOND stellar.

Manny, thanks so much for the kind words!! I can't say that I have anything on Vermeer, though - that guy was a beast. For the most part, the stuff I paint comes from single photos, but occasionally I get to create new compositions from a mish-mosh of photographs and other visual sources.

Dpoolem3, I don't use a camera obscura, but I do often use the modern equivalent in a projector. That especially goes for the larger images. Though I can do it freehand, it's just SO much quicker using more modern methods. And time is definitely at a premium these days.

Here are two new ones I got back from the photographers recently:

Christy Mathewson, 1905, 11" x 16"

Thurman Munson, October 19, 1976, 24" x 18"

That Matty was for a fellow board member, whom I'm sure some of you can guess the identity of. I'm hoping that the painting adds to the huge pile of karma that he'll receive for what he gave up from his own collection in order to do what was right.

Munson was a lot of fun too, and seriously, I'm glad to have finally painted the great man. He probably is the most requested player I've had that I had yet to paint. Securing the rights to the image was an absolute b*tch, but was finally taken care of. It's being delivered to my client tomorrow, so I'm truly hoping he loves it as much as I'm told he will (it was a gift).

Oh! And I should also mention that much to my surprise, I was named one of the 2018 Sport Artists of the Year by the good folks at the United States Sports Academy. I'll be down in Daphne, AL on 11/8 to celebrate - if any of y'all are in the area, come on by!

https://ussa.edu/news/public-invited...r1U5QaJX-NSnGk

Anywho, as per usual, I hope you enjoy them. And if you have any questions, comments or problems, feel free to share!

Thanks for reading,

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 10-22-2018 at 03:36 PM.