View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 AM

Default Forget where

I forget who did it ... but someone on this board (? the main board?) posted a message about the partial black star. As I recall, the story was essentially, the black star was noticed, someone went to the printing plate and tried to remove it ... and in the first attempt they only partially removed it.

The partial black star was speculated to be rarer than the regular black star due to the printing production process ... but no one knows for sure.

As for the yellow tiger ... I disagree slightly with the comments to date. I think there are only three variations of the House. There is the regular house (which is very common), a fully yellow tiger (which is the rarest) and a yellow tiger with red tongue (which is pretty rare but not as rare as the full yellow tiger in my opinion).

Cheers,
Patrick

Ps - There are MANY differences that result from print registry errrors (and I think the Feller is only a print regsitry error - I have never seen anyone show me the same "error" card when I ask them what they have - frankly, I don't really believe it's an error - just the lines disappear a bit because the print registry is a bit offset top-to-bottom) and as mentioned above there are many cards that have a richer printing color. 225 Baumholtz is pretty plentiful (and obvious). Others are harder to spot.