View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Default Experts sought for 2008 SCD Standard Catalog Team/Let the flames begin!

Posted By: craig

i would have to agree with dan, the OJ section of the SCD standard catalog of baseball card have been quite lacking for some time now. the last time that the OJs were well represented, all variations listed seperatly with description, was in the 1997 SCD. there are many new collectors starting or wanting to start collecting OJs. unfortunatly the information on them is sometimes difficult to decipher unless you have really put an effort into learning about them. also, with the hush hush secrecy addititude that some of the more advanced OJ collectors have, on some points i understand why they keep quite, there are few places that the new collector turn to for advice. expanding this section would surly bring more collectors into the OJ realm. not that i would really welcome more competition on the ones that i am on the lookout for, but the exposure of the set would be nice. also as dan stated, the set could be listed with in more than one way, not just OJs and OJs HOF. it could also list them in ways that they are collected; team, hof, league, spotted ties, year, etc... OJs seem to be collected by many different methods.

craig