View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Default For those that collect Team auto's, what's your method?

What I mean is, how do you collect them and how complete are you? Do you collect only on available baseball cards for the team, do you collect only the main starters, or do you collect all players that put on a uniform, coaches, batboys, GM's, etc?
For me, it kinda depends on the team/year. I had always wanted to do a 1971 - 1975 Oakland A's project since they won the division in 71 and 75 and the WS 72-74 and had a lot of the same players over those 5 years, but I never realized how many changes ol' Charlie Finley had made during those years. I ended up going with just the players that were on the roster for the playoffs and WS...which were quite a few. If I had done everyone that played during those years I would have added a lot more to an already large project that takes up a big portion of one of my walls. Now, I'm two away from completing the 60 pirates and 3 away from the 34 Cardinals, but I chose to go with all the players and coaches for those years, as well as Branch Rickey for the Cardinals, and the owner, GM and announcer for the Pirates. These will still end up being smaller projects than the A's, but will be fairly large anyway. Just curious how everyone else does it.