View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 07:28 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by GehrigFan View Post
Again, not a message to say I suddenly feel any better. Still praying throughout every day that God will heal me. But I do have to admit that I am kind of finding that when I spend 24 hours sitting in a hotel bed, it sucks beyond anything... but when people ask me to do something (granted, that means sitting in a couch, eating out, other simple things, etc.), while I feel like a useless, horrible person, it does help me feel a little better.

I have a couple of appointments tomorrow (Monday), but might be free Tuesday or Wednesday. Would love to see anyone who wants to and understands I am 90% vegetable at this point!

Still waiting for my cards to be able to get that side going, too.
Wish you the best of luck finding someone to hang out with. If I was closer I would love to talk to you. With you history in the hobby you have to have some awesome stories to share.

From personal experience with my dad. I drove him 5 days a week for 6 weeks of chemo and/or radiation treatments to the closest hospital 50 miles away. The last 2 weeks he could hardly make it to the car before falling asleep. It took him close to a year to get back to kinda normal. He said the same thing about hating to do anything at first because after a few minutes of anything he was so tired he would just fall asleep in the middle of stuff. Now that it was a few years ago he says how the little things at first really helped him regain his strength. Without it he would have just laid around and taken much longer to get better. I wish you the best Mark.