Thread: Ruth or Jordan?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 07:00 PM

Default Ruth or Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyT View Post
That's what I'm still trying to decide. I thought I had my mind made up until everyone here berated them for the advice they gave me, so now I'm back to square one. The ones I've considered most recently are SCP and Grey Flannel.

I think people were pretty nice to you actually, on both threads. On this thread, we all expressed concern that you were either being taken by the auction house, or they simply don't know what they're doing. That's valuable advice from a lot of people that know what they're talking about. And on the other thread, you got legitimate questions about the balls' provenance.

Yes, some of us stated that both threads seemed fishy, but that's to be expected with the dollar amounts that you were throwing out as a brand new poster, the vague details you gave in both threads, and the fact that you ignored both the request to tell us the name of the Ruth auction house (not sure why) and the question asking how you got the Mantle balls.

I haven't been here that long either, but I've noticed that for the most part people won't be jerks just to be jerks. But when the original post sounds shady, and your responses or lack of responses to questions just add to that, it can't be shocking that the level of skepticism rises to thread-trashing levels right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mattjc1983; 08-26-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Spelling