View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailes2872 View Post
I have found that it can be a 2 hour trip through the museum or a 10 hour trip - depending on how much your read. The room with the baseball records is pretty cool - as you can spend an hour there just going through the different achievements on the digital screen.

I spent a lot of time looking at the world series rings. I get a kick out of the 2003 Marlins ring as it is supersized.

You can spend 3 hours in the hall if you'd like. I spent a lot of time reading plaques. My boys were cool with it at first and then about 1955, they told me they were hungry. By the time I got to the 2002 plaques, they were writhing on the ground having a temper tantrum. They were 16 and 13 at the time...

I have been there 3 times. The first time in college - which I barely remember. The second time in 2012. The Kendrick collection was there and that was awesome. There was also a separate baseball card room which had been converted to a room that showed the linear history of each team by wins, pennants, etc. The last time was 2015. It was still fun - but not a lot had changed and we got through it much quicker.

No value to be found anywhere on cards and memorabilia. During my 2012 trip, I bought an autographed Hank/Willie photo for $200. It was $300, so I was getting a deal. Turns, out, I probably still way overpaid. That trip, the Kendrick collection, and the baseball card room is what got me back into the hobby. My wife likes to remind me that although I claim to only have spend a few hundred on the weekend, it has cost us about a hundred grand as I got the collecting bug again and haven't looked back.

Have fun! it is baseball heaven. I can only imagine what it is like for a kid at Disney World for the first time - as I was super excited when I got there. The only thing that I can compare it to was my first National as far as sensory overload.
They got rid of the baseball card room? That's disappointing.