View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 08:12 AM
Greg S.

Default E91 Set B Plank Variation?

Good Morning,

I recently (as in I just received them yesterday) acquired a small group of E91 Set B cards that included a Plank. Upon looking at them more closely this morning, I was disheartened to see that the Plank had what appeared to be writing of the number 16 on his chest. The scans that were in the listing weren't great, and I hadn't looked close enough to see this.

That said I started to look at images of the same card and found this Love of the Game Auctions of one last year: http://loveofthegameauctions.com/lot-8035.aspx

It's got the same identical '16' on his chest, while other images I've found online don't seem to have it (I've looked some, but not extensively).

The card I have is definitely real, and it's definitely not the same card as in that LOTG auction. I know the E91's don't get a lot of love but I thought this was a cool little find if in fact it's a variation and not something else. If you guys have thoughts, I would love to hear them! If this is something that is already known, that's cool, too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plank.jpg (75.6 KB, 194 views)