View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Default glued paper on cards, how do u get it off????

Posted By: T206Collector

...about this, so I encourage you to utilize the search feature of this board to find some good ideas, but basically from my experience, I have had a lot of success removing stuff glued to the backs of T206 cards. Something about the way they are constructed means they will not be damaged after a good soaking (3-5 minutes, perhaps more), and a Q-tip lightly pressing on the paper/glue will remove many of the old water-based glues. I have had cards with glue/paper residue that I then submitted to SGC for grades as high as 70.

There are a couple of things to be cognizant of, however, including that all glue must be removed before pressing between two sheets of typing/computer paper under a stack of heavy books overnight. Any remaining glue will have become sticky again and will stick to whatever you use to press the card flat. You should indeed practice on the lower value ones and then work your way up.

As soon as it arrives in the mail, I will be trying to work some of this magic on this card: