View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 05:41 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Pat

My research regarding the subjects on my simulated sheet of the 1910 COUPON cards indicates that these T206s were the first group of 350-only Series cards.
If so, this places them in the timeline of Spring 1910.

Several players in this group of 48, were in transition. For example......

Byrne traded from St. Louis NL to Pittsburgh.....Aug. 1909

Mowrey traded from Cinc. to St Louis Natl.....Aug. 1909

Rossman retired.....Sept. 1909

And, there are others that were in transition about this time.

For the most part, American Lithographic (ALC) was pretty darn good about reflecting team changes on the T206 cards. NO WAY would ALC depict Byrne & Mowrey
still with their old teams, nor Rossman (who had retired back in 1909) in your hypothetical 1913 - 1915 scenario.

In fact in the T215-1 set, Byrne's cards are captioned with St Louis and also with Pittsburgh.

Speaking about your "1913 - 1915 scenario", how come you didn't answer my question to you in my previous post regarding.....
Where is the BLUE INK CAPTIONS on the 1910 COUPON cards if (as you suggest) they were printed much later than 1910 ? ?

TED Z

T206 Reference
First of I did give you one possibility for the brown caption even though I have no idea how that proves they were printed in 1910 and secondly
you're contradicting yourself with the Byrne caption. He's depicted on one of his type 3 coupons with St. Louis a team he hadn't played on since 1909.