View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 12:20 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nasty Nati View Post
I posted a thread about the rarity of T213-1 back in May.

Here's the summary:

I found in my research that the T213-1 T206 Resource ranking is pretty spot on.....

Based on analyzing the PSA pop reports (not an exact science, I know) I found that T213 Coupon's ranked 6.

• American Beauty 460 could be 7th and not 13th in rarity making it potentially rarer than Uzit, Hindu Red, Lenox Black, Broad Leaf 350, and Carolina Brights...admittedly it's hard to tell though because PSA only recently broke down the different AB designations. So this is a very rough estimate.
Hi B. Schneider

Regarding the 1910 COUPON cards......I differ with your analysis on the ranking of these cards. Why I disagree is this....using their Pop Report data can be misleading
because many of them have been "crossed-over" to obtain a higher grade. For example, here's my Chance.....a fine looking card which would under normal circumstances
be expected to get a higher grade than its 1.5 grade. I know this for a fact, since I have discussed this "cross-over effect" with others who collect the 1910 COUPON cards.

However, higher grades are seldom realized because of the thinner stock of cardboard that these cards were printed on. So, in any event the Pop #s are exaggerated.

Regarding the AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 cards......your analysis on these T206's is spot on. I've been collecting this sub-set for 12 years; and, I still need 3 cards.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________
I'm still searching for these 3 cards to complete my AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 sub-set (74 subjects)

CAMNITZ (hands over head)....DOYLE (portrait)....McGRAW (portrait-cap)

Any help finding these cards is greatly appreciated....Thanks guys.

TED Z

T206 Reference