View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

What I generally go by with the odd issues in my rookie card/collectibles collection, is that if they fall in the same year or earlier than what is typically considered the player's rookie card, I will credit it as a rookie(or pre-rookie) in my HOF Rookie collection. Notice, I'm not using the term earliest issue as rookie card. For me a rookie must meet certain criteria. 1)Nationally released item. 2)Major League item. 3)pack available(no team sets). 4)no other players featured on the card(no team cards).. Obviously my criteria is alot different for pr-war issues, at that point I generally go by first individual issue.. When it comes to executives and the such, I general go by first release, regardless of regional/national/team. I believe the '48 is Veeck's first release, I myself have the '49 wide pen photopack that used the same photos, plus 3 unreleased proofs/test photos including Wynn(I'm really not 100% sure what these 3 are though). These are just personal preferences though when it comes to rookies.

Last edited by novakjr; 04-07-2011 at 09:40 AM.