Thread: P.O. Boxes
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Default P.O. Boxes

Posted By: doug goodman

My post office used to hate me.

After standing in line to pickup my mail they were constantly giving me grief for receiving more mail than would fit in my box. When I commented that a good portion of it was junk mail and I wished I could put a spam filter on my regular mail they told me that junk mail helps keep the postage rates down. Which doesn't mean that I don't still want a spam filter for my snail mail.

A couple of years ago I started sending all of my mail to a mom & pop mailbox store. Wow, what a great move that has become.

Now the lines are virtually non existent. They keep my over flow in a box in the back. They actually seem to appreciate my business. I send my fedexes from their store (they get paid a dollar each). I use their notary service. I gave their 8 year old a few thousand cards from before he was born (since I don't have any as young as he is) and now I'm his favorite customer. I have given them my top deck of Dodger Stadium season seats a few times (only cost me $4 each, the best deal in the majors). They like me, I like them, and no more grief from miserable postal employees who think that I should be honored to stand in their lines, while the dorks in front of me make "going postal" an arguably valid option.

My post office may like me now, but I never go there anymore, so I don't know.

Doug