Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023, 07:03 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

It's been a while!! I hope everybody is doing well and keeping sane in this crazy world.

Things on my end have been BUSY. Both with life and work. And I'm eternally grateful that that's the case with both of them. I know that I had always promised that if I ever started offering reproductions of my artwork, I would shout it from the rooftops. So, I guess that time has finally come--I'm officially offering my first giclée!

The painting depicts a game between the Kalamazoo Kazoos and the Wheeling Green Stockings on May 19, 1887. It's based on a photograph by W.C. Brown, which is currently owned by the Ohio County Public Library in Wheeling, WV.

Now, starting off, for those of you who don't know, a giclée is a very high-quality art print, typically known for its longevity and value compared to a standard print that somebody could make on their home computer.

I know that I had always claimed that I wasn’t able to make reproductions of my work because of various IPs depicted therein, and that IS still the case, but this painting was an exception. The photograph itself is in the public domain, so there are no licensing issues there. The teams and ballpark are loooooooong gone, and with no ties to the current MLB organization, I’m not beholden to any of their IP. And the players, well, though we know who most of them are, none of them have estates that would be in a position to actually grant a license for something like this. So that being said, I feel pretty comfortable putting this out there like this.

The specs: The original painting measures 63” x 40” x 2”, which is pretty large. I thought it was the perfect size for something like this, considering all of the visual information within the original photograph. These giclées will be a little bit smaller, specifically 3’ x 2’ (36” x 24”). Reason being, it’s a common size that can be framed easily without making a custom order. The image itself will be 34.6” x 22” within that 36” x 24” paper. Please note, the original painting is sold.

The paper upon which it will be printed is Hahnemühle Museum Etching 350 gsm. This particular brand is of extremely high quality, and amazingly enough has been in business since 1584. And "yes," you read that right. They'll be printed and shipped by a local Brooklyn company called Skink Ink Fine Art Printing, who also happen to handle my photography as well. Each giclée will be signed and numbered by me.

The catch? It's a time-limited edition. It will be available for one week, starting at 8:00 AM ET on Tuesday, October 3 and ending at 7:59 AM ET on Tuesday, October 10. The edition is limited by the number of prints sold during that period and will never be reprinted.

Phew!!

So, if this interests you, you can purchase it here:

https://store.graigkreindler.com/

If anybody has any questions, feel free to reach out, either via PM or email (gkreindler@gmail.com).

Thanks for reading, as always.

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 10-06-2023 at 08:00 PM.