View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 11:49 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

The answer is simple, folks, and doesn't require a lot of hand-wringing: if you really feel that PWCC is giving fraudsters an open ticket for the next several months, boycott PWCC auctions until the company moves to a policy position that makes you comfortable, and email PWCC and let them know you are boycotting them for that reason. If you are OK with as many as ten retractions but not 25, don't do business with PWCC until January 2017. If you think that the number should be 1 or 2 in six months, don't do business with them again until they move to that policy. Either way, let them know and stick to your decision.

It occurs to me that we've had this discussion repeatedly, whether it is over the criminal fraud of Mastro/Legendary, the seedy criminal backgrounds of some dealers and AH owners, the dodgy behavior of certain sellers, eBay shilling (Broadway Rick), market manipulation, etc. If you don't like someone or if you don't like the way they run their business, stop working with them. Our hobby is a business, so hit them where it really hurts: their wallets. If you are going to hold your nose and participate because stuff trumps all, then stop whining about the unfairness of the system in which you are participating. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Please note that I'm not saying boycott PWCC and I am not saying don't. Make your own decision. Just don't take the moral outrage position and then bid in PWCC auctions anyway.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 10-17-2016 at 11:53 AM.