Thread: 1960 Fleer Set
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 10:04 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B View Post
With all due respect, I don't understand how this card made it into a slab unless it was some sort of internal paperwork snafu at PSA. If it wasn't, and it truly passed someone's muster at some point, I'd be incredibly shocked.

This card strongly reminds of a bunch of awful "signed" Fleer & Diamond Press cards that hit eBay 20-25 years ago. All with that thick, flat calligraphy fountain pen nib. I'd share examples if I had saved any, but they were all so terrible that I didn't deem it necessary to retain scans. But frankly, even without being reminded of something else, my opinion would remain unchanged.

I hate to be the person to rain on the parade, so my apologies. And of course, my opinion only.
I was definitely hesitant on this one. I compared it with exemplers and I was inconclusive. With an older PSA sticker I'm not sure who would have approved it. I actually have 2 post stroke Bakers signed of this card and will probably keep one. I wanted the whole set to be PSA. PSA wont slab post stroke Bakers. If a better comes along I will probably try to replace it but I do think there is a decent possibility it is ok but definitely not sure