View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 08:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Still deciding on how to approach these threads? It seems the majority would like to see them continue in some form or fashion at least from the responses given. I can't imagine there being more than one at a time if we move forward. Also, to me, when these threads were first done it seemed like the spirit was to try to make whatever you offer be a much better deal than otherwise. I am not saying they all had to be great deals but at least better than normal. Some of them were that and it was great. Then some were more of BST type things offered for a 10% discount here in hopes of selling. I dunno. I think it will be hard to manage. If someone wants to step up and manage the threads, and only have one going at a time, I think we can discuss trying that. If anything doesn't work or has unintended undesirable consequences then we will quit. It's not that big of a deal, really. Nothing is changing with the BST, listings are still to be done in correct spots....and so forth. These threads, if done, are one offs. Who cares, anyone can just not click on one measly thread if they don't like it. If that is too much of a bother, sorry.

As a suggestion, maybe we have a different thread every 2 weeks BUT when one is started the other gets locked. That way there could be different dollar level threads and it could add diversity. And if that is the case, while it's a nice thought to want to include all members at all pricing levels, I am not sure we can meet that objective. I don't know if a $25 thread works or not? Lastly, for whatever reason, it seems the enthusiasm has subsided just a bit. If we never get to a great consensus on what to do, then this experiment will retire into thread archives......

Last edited by Leon; 06-04-2016 at 10:04 AM.