View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Default 55 golden stamps and 71 dell stamps

Posted By: Anthony N.

If you want to get them graded you cannot cut or slice the stamps- you need to tear them apart. To do that fold them back and forth gently and then tear apart gently. Do not start with a key player!
The '55's are worth something if they don't have paper on the back or creases, I just consigned a set to Goodwin that went for about $550.
The '71's have little value IMO. You cannot get them graded unless they are individuals, but if you grade the entire set at once call first- PSA will cut you a deal and I'm sure SGC probably will as well. If you're looking to sell your best bet is with PSA and focus on the player set collectors. Make sure the stamps are listed on the player set registry or they won't be worth the grading fees, no matter how high the grade.
Photo quality does not seem to factor in, the perf's count but not as much as you'd think.
In the '55's Sandy Amoros is often ungradeable due to always being miscut. The empty book has a low value, but is still worth something= I'm guessing $20.
If you grade the '55's and do so with PSA look to the sets on the registry- you'll have better luck selling singles there than on ebay. It's a thinly traded set and once you get past the few that must have high grades the prices are pretty soft.