View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Default New Auction site! Pe-1920 baseball cards *only*

Posted By: James Verrill

Greetings to the board.

I would like to briefly announce a new venture I am undertaking: a completely automated internet auction site. The site will feature auctions every single month, and will be comprised ONLY of pre-1920 baseball cards.

www.baseballvintage.com

I made the decision to embark upon this new site, because I am tired of weeding through "graded magazine cutouts", reprints, inaccurately described cards, and "vintage material" that is younger than I am. What I am offering is a site that will feature 30-50 lots per month, most being SGC or PSA graded, with the average condition being VG/EX. No lower-end junk and no prohibitively expensive museum pieces.

The first auction will take place August 1st-10th, 2003. All lots will be listed the first day of the auction, and live internet is open during the entire duration the auction is running. Registration is FREE, and the site has been designed for easy and fast navigation.

Shipping and insurance is FREE.

The first auction will feature a number of very attractive cards, including an N172 Greenwood card graded SGC 84, a T205 Ty Cobb American Beauty gold border card graded PSA 3, and N172 card of HOFer John Clarkson graded SGC 60, and a PSA graded Gypsy Queen cigarettes card. These are only a few examples of what is being offered. There will also be numerous graded T206 Hall of Famer cards, a T206 Oldring card with a Lenox back, T207's, and many other issues represented.

Please take a minute to register. Once you have done so, you will receive email notifications to let you know when lots are posted, and when the auction officially opens.

I hope everyone from this board will visit and offer feedback as to how the site can be continuously improved, with the objective of serving the serious pre-1920 collector.

http://www.baseballvintage.com

James Verrill