View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Steve Birmingham

I've over paid for stuff I didn't know enough about, but usually not by much and I can't recall going so far over that I was really unhappy or put in a tight spot because of it.

I did have a sort of one as a seller. When I was starting on Ebay I had a guy buy a few really cheap cards. Maybe 4-5 cards at $2 each. (Before I figured out how much of that I lost in fees even before Paypal) After a few days I get an email claiming to be the guys girlfriend and that he'd just started and didn't really understand Ebay. So he'd browsed cards and a few other things and bid on a LOT of cheap items figuring he wouldn't win them. And that he'd won so many he owed way more than he made in a couple months.
Checked his bid history............yep, bid on 1000+ items on the same day, maybe one that was more than $5 total had to be around $2K.
So I told them that we all make mistakes, and just pay whenever they can. Oddly, I got paid in about a week, and got some nice feedback (back when I actually cared and it was exciting to see the number go over ten, then over 25 :-) )
I have a feeling the people that gave him a hard time ended up with a long wait.

Steve B