View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 PM

I don't like stickers on nice cards and prefer a sticker to be placed on the back of a photo, like most here. However, most of the flat items JSA authenticates involves something like an autograph on a 10 cent 8x10 photo, and the submiter desires a sticker on the item. The item itself has almost no value except for the presence of an authentic autograph.

I bought a bunch of really cheap cards (ala 1990 Fleer) that were autographed and had the JSA sticker on back. It was convenient to have the 'COA' on back. As already noted, I wouldn't want the sticker on a T206, but there can be grey areas for autographed cards (somewhere between T206 and Fleer).

As already noted, collectors now not only have the option to submit cards to Beckett/JSA for holdering (no sticker) but can now sumbit signed 8x10 photos for the same service. One of the advertised qualities for Beckett's big holder is that no sticker or tag has to be placed on the item.

The submitter knows what he is paying for (COA and sticker) when he submits to PSA/DNA or JSA, so much of the blame (if there is blame to be placed) should be placed on the submitter not the company. I was told by Spence when he was at PSA/DNA that they didn't put a sticker on an item when asked not to. Along the lines of some folks in this thread, he said some people said they didn't want a sticker on their Yankees team ball or whatever and PSA/DNA honored that request.

But, as with many folks here, I've seen nice autographed vintage postcard-sized photos and similar, and I've thought, "I don't mind the PSA/DNA sticker, but I wish they put it on the back."

Last edited by drc; 06-17-2009 at 12:36 PM.