View Single Post
Old 03-28-2002, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Default Cabinet "reprints"

Posted By: runscott

I just had to do it. I finally produced a nice e95 reprint set and was so proud of it that I started working on my own t206 reprint set - I've created a "proof" set of 120 and they look great. My only rule is that they have to be made from scans of cards that I have owned. I'm including samples when I send out cards to buyers - I make absolutely sure that they are high quality but could not possibly be mistaken for the real thing (I just wanted something better than the Monster reprint set).

Next project - after many hours of practicing, talking with people at Michael's,etc., I've created my first "reprint" cabinet, and it came out Fantastic! I made it from a scan of a small newspaper photo of the 1902 NY Giants (sitting in front of a giant U.S. flag and banner, one I hadn't seen previously), blew it up, enhanced the image, changed the color to more of an albumen-type sepia, trimmed, glued to a mat, and even burnished the mat. As soon as I get a scan made, I'll post.

The beauty of this was making something nice out of a unique, but crappy newspaper photo. If anyone else has a similar project, please send an email - it costs next to nothing, other than time - I could make recommendations on how to go about it, or you could send me a scan and I might make you one for nothing (good practice). Thanks