View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:37 AM
Mark Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
In 2009, I started collecting again after a long hiatus. Bought an upper deck goudey box and eventually put together the base + sp set. While searching ebay for modern goudeys. I ran across some real ones and thought I should grab one just for fun. 1933 Goudey Travis Jackson was the first pre-war card I bought and launched me into pre-war collecting. I collected all the hofers (minus Lajoie and the 2nd Gehrig) in 09, 10, and 11. Then last summer I decided to go for the rest of the set.

As usual I'm in the raw "fair/good/vg" neighborhood

I'm now 15 shy for the set (counting Lajoie and a 2nd Gehrig) and my list of hofers to upgrade is at 16.

here's a photo with the Manush upgrade I just received from Jason in front of my hall of fame cheese box.
Love the wooden drawers Tony! In addition to collecting cardboard, I dabble in woodworking and I'm actually in the design phase of designing and building a desk that I'm going to incorporate small apothecary style drawers into like you have, to store cards in. I’m pretty excited about project and your pictures have provided a little extra motivation.