View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Ok.... so I would rather this be a thread about bad photos rather than a plug to authenticate. No offense David(as you are a good dude from what I hear) but come on. I will give people opinions for free after all

On a serious note, Beckett photo authentication is just not up to speed. I have handled some and own one that is just ridiculous(authenticated as a type 1 but not even off the original negative and DECADES off).

That said, I do not think Beckett does it with bad intentions.. they just do not have the skills required. I think their company is a good one(over the years in cards) and I think they should of stuck to that rather than copy a PSA system and execute it incorrectly.

If the TYPE 1 or any other Type classification is important to you, I would not buy ANYTHING unless it is guaranteed to be what you want/is sold as(by the seller). That is, if you do not have the skill set to decipher yourself.

Mistakes can be quite costly. If you pay psa type 1 money for an original 1915 babe ruth, it better frickin pass authentication as such r you could be out thousands(example).

I will continue to post examples on this thread of photos that are fake or misrepresented.

Bob.. the Babe bain is not legit because it is not an original bain babe ruth photo. It came from the same sh*t source as many other fakes.
The only thing is shares with the original is that the image is the same.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 10-18-2013 at 05:35 PM.