View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 09:19 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augy44 View Post
Be on the lookout for Beckett encapsulated photos. Early on before I was a member here on Net54, I acquired a supposed Babe Ruth Type 1 photo slabbed in the BGS Authentic case. Beckett's authentication process is a JOKE and they do not have employees with proper credentials to be giving their opinions on original photos. The photo I used to have also claimed it was "From the Estate of Dick Hoblitzell" which is just ridiculous when the photo is a 100% fake. Someone is definitely submitting a great story to the people over at Beckett to for one, write that kind of provenance on the label, and two Authenticating these piece of sh*t fake photos. Yes, it was my fault to have acquired the photo in the first place but I was new to the game and unfortunately learned the hard way. I even brought it to the attention of the people in charge over at Beckett and they obviously haven't done much about it because their bad photos still seam to be floating around out there. I'll never buy a Beckett slabbed photo again unless I'm 100% sure it's authentic and Ben is completely right on these two photos..
Bryan Augenstein, you're killing me ...

Last edited by glchen; 10-29-2013 at 12:53 PM.