View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Default Next year's Standard Catalog cover

Posted By: Andy Baran

There was a reason why I responded to Julie's post as I did. It was not because I disagreed with her idea. It was because of the way the post was written. We have to remember that when dealing with electronic media (e-mail or message boards), it is very easy to misinterpret what someone meant to say.

There were many ideas posted, some which I may have liked, others I may not have liked. Whether I liked or disliked the ideas really has no relevance. I didn't necessarily like or dislike Julie's idea. What bothered me was that when I read her post, it sounded to me like she was saying that her idea was good, and that all other ideas were boring, and basically sucked. Leon obviously did not interpret it the same way. I took offense to her post since I felt that Bob was just looking for ideas, not judgements. Everyone else contributed their ideas without knocking the others.

I'm sure that I am as guilty as anyone else for writting a post that could be offensive to someone. I guess my point is that we ALL (myself included) should think about how our message may be interpreted before posting.