View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 04:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I agree completely. Maybe I will get back to posting some early hobby correspondence soon. Also, in our Archive Center, second to the right icon in the row of them, there are several threads concerning old hobby publications etc....Here is a particularly good thread by David K. which is permanently placed there.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=241674

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat61 View Post
What I really enjoy about reading old publications is the progression of the hobby and how new information becomes available. Early hobby history and its formation to what we see it today is truly fascinating.

I believe if it weren't for these early publications, future generations might not know who Buck Barker, John D. Wagner or Jefferson Burdick were. They might not know how price guides started or how prefixes came to be? It sounds odd, but all that we know about the hobby right now could be lost in another generation if we don't teach it today. This is why, other than a value placed -a price guide (and the good folks at net54) is a good source of information and to promote the hobby. Frank Nagy once said that the hobby tomorrow is only as good as we make it today.

Last edited by Leon; 09-20-2018 at 04:31 PM.