View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 08:57 PM

Orlando,

Your graphic comparison should be most compelling for the unconvinced, or the tunnel-visioned malcontents that insist "important cards" are only chosen from what was the standard size of that time period. I sometimes term their malady as being "standard-sized card challenged".

The same thing occurs on the post-war side, too.

On the other hand, with the prime focus recently on the Lou Gehrig Exhibit, some collectors are finally starting to think "outside the box". It's not good if we all think alike anyway; variety is the spice of life. Moreover, to the point, if you see the beauty and the refined aesthetics in some of the over-sized cards, and your rivals do not, or are blinded by their own assumptions etc, that means less competition for you in pursuing them. That point is also quite profound.

Orlando, if you wish me to delete this for your own sake, simply PM me.

For now, food for thought. Remember what your Mother taught you, "chew your food well, dear."

I just wish I could afford a T-3 Ty Cobb. What a masterpiece! Even if Ty was the player most often chosen by collectors back in the 1910s, and thus the most "common", think about what the ravages of time, handling, and sunlight did to almost all of them..............

Cheers. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 03-26-2017 at 08:58 PM.