View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 07:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Sometimes seeing something on this board will ignite or reinvigorate a collecting niche for us. The good thing about collecting cards is there is no right or wrong way. You can sell and buy them back again, if so desired. It's been done on many occasions...Here are a few S74 miscuts that stayed from the first collection.....I guess I was interested more than anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harford20 View Post
I am glad this thread popped up.
I have been working on a 1939 PlayBall set for the past 4 years. I have 101/161 cards, all VG-EX to EX-NM with all HoF and stars graded PSA/SGC 4-6 (except DiMaggio and Williams both PSA 3.5). I am down to needing mostly the high number cards, which are very difficult to find in the 4-5 graded range that I can afford.

As a side note to Aquarian, I was watching your eBay listing closely as there were many high# that I wanted, but could not afford to pick this up and then have to try to sell the stars/HoFers that you had.

OK, back on track. Just over the last 2-3 weeks, I have been thinking about selling my 1939 PlayBall set (except the Williams). I am not in a money crunch, just have put this WAY on the back burner for my collecting. Now that I read this thread, I think I will just keep it sitting in my collection for a while. I know I would regret selling it, even if is not my focus of late.

Dave