View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Dave H@rford

Default This has helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post--LOL sold my partial 1939 Playball Registry set on ebay a few weeks back, took a beating on it and have regretted it massively.
I am glad this thread popped up.
I have been working on a 1939 PlayBall set for the past 4 years. I have 101/161 cards, all VG-EX to EX-NM with all HoF and stars graded PSA/SGC 4-6 (except DiMaggio and Williams both PSA 3.5). I am down to needing mostly the high number cards, which are very difficult to find in the 4-5 graded range that I can afford.

As a side note to Aquarian, I was watching your eBay listing closely as there were many high# that I wanted, but could not afford to pick this up and then have to try to sell the stars/HoFers that you had.

OK, back on track. Just over the last 2-3 weeks, I have been thinking about selling my 1939 PlayBall set (except the Williams). I am not in a money crunch, just have put this WAY on the back burner for my collecting. Now that I read this thread, I think I will just keep it sitting in my collection for a while. I know I would regret selling it, even if is not my focus of late.

Dave