View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Default Question about the Red Cobb Portait with Drum back T206

Posted By: Scott Levy

My father is the owner of this card, so I'd like to jump in and explain what I know about it and I will give him the opportunity to comment later if he chooses:

The card was purchased at an auction as a legitimate T206 Drum back Cobb in a BVG holder years ago. Neither myself nor my father has ever opened this case or submitted it to a grading service before this recent submission to PSA. It was submitted to PSA less than 1 month ago, when we considered the sale of the card, as PSA is so highly respected. Any suggestion that myself or my father tore apart a card and pasted it or rebacked it is totally untrue, it's simply not our style.

Likewise, Any accusation of the PSA case being "cracked" and some bogus card being inserted is likewise completely untrue. If proof is ever needed we can probably find the original submission sheet to PSA. This card was received from PSA by us very recently and has not been altered in any way.

While I do have over a decade of experience in collecting T206 cards and rare backs, I am not a printing expert and probably wouldn't be able to myself judge if a card is rebacked or trimmed or altered, which is why for high value cards we tend to purchase graded items.

I am saddened to hear that there are even questions about the card's legitimacy. But noone should doubt that the PSA holder is faked or cracked, because it is not.