View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
I really don`t mind the name Redskins at all. But can appreciate the uproa. It`s gotten so bad, wouldn`t want "Washington" linked to anything I could be identified with. That is the truly offensive part of the equation.
YOU GOT IT! That is the problem. We have all been looking at this the wrong way...and I am being totally serious when I agree that the first part of the name is the problem, not the second part. Remember it is Washington (and the ilk that ooses from it) that broke all the treaties; stole all the land; and liquidated tens of thousands of whatever you decide to call them. Why not call them 'The Innocents' or 'The Victims' - but, be careful, us European-Americans will need a way to distinguish them from the other Innocents and Victims.

Mind you, I don't feel any personal guilt over the way those races were vanquished...remorse, yes; regret, yes...and I do sincerely wish that it should never, ever, happen again.

All that said, maybe just changing names of sports teams is not that big a deal.
?

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 10-02-2014 at 09:09 PM.