View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Default The Death of Direct Sales

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

It's easy to be dismissive of Fox News due to the years of it being the only obvious partisan network and also the only one that anyone watched. Therefore you often get the typical knee-jerk, uninformed liberal responses about Fox that you see here. While Fox certainly leans hard right -- and when they do I cringe as it's almost unwatchable -- it is true that MSNBC is way worse to the left. CNN, which used to be a down the middle network has also really moved left over the past few years. Recently a study was done on the political affiliation of the viewership of the three networks and the following came out:

CNN: 51% Democrats, 18% Republicans, 23% independents

MSNBC: 45% Democrats, 18% Republicans, 27% independents

Fox News: 33% Democrats, 39% Republicans, 22% independents

As you can see, the only network that is even remotely watched in equal numbers by Dems and Republicans is Fox. And I think the programming is reflective of that, though I agree that Fox is hardly "fair and balanced" most of the time; it's just more fair more of the time than CNN and obviously MSNBC.

All that being said, watching Rudy on Fox after the VP debate crowing how Palin "destroyed" Biden was pitiful. Same with Hannity and Dick Morris claiming she was the 'greatest communicator' since Reagan. These partisan lies to the viewing public were really outrageous because the one thing we as a country should be able to rely upon is that when you turn on the damn news you get it straight and unfiltered. I appreciate that H & C is not a news show per se but we at least deserve that when the talking heads speak they at least believe what they are saying. And that clearly was not the case at least on that night. And I also understand the networks have to make money but it is a shame that there is no place we can go to get the straight poop on the news and that includes CNN which is truly nearly as bad as MSNBC these days.