View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 01:47 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206fix View Post
This is my father (and grandfather) - a Pawnee/Shoshone Indian - from the early 80s. He died in 2000. He was a great man. Does he resemble Chief Wahoo in the slightest? What do you think real Indians look like?
I think they look like everything you've posted. I think there's a wide variety of what Native Americans look like, much like black people don't look the same, white people don't look the same, etc.

I guess I just have the ability to look at a caricature - something I've had done on myself and haven't been offended by - and separate it from reality and anything offensive. This goes back to my original post in this thread, which mentions how little credit you who oppose Chief Wahoo are giving those who like Chief Wahoo. Do you think we look at the logo and say, "look at that red-skinned Indian right there; boy does he sure make Native Americans look weird"? Hell no. Actually, I've never associated the color of Chief Wahoo to mean anything more than someone chose the color red because a red/white/blue color scheme is easy. As far as the shape, I was born in '94; when I was little Chief Wahoo was an easy logo to love as a kid because he's smiling and cartoonish. Never once did I think all Indians shared all of the features of Chief Wahoo.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 01-30-2018 at 01:50 PM.