View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Default Building a set: DeLong vs. Tattoo Orbit?

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

I too am working on both sets.

I have a complete Delong set and a near TO set.

Delong:
Delongs by far are the easiest to complete hands down. From buying larger lots I have a complete set and 1/2 of dups as well. I think the set has gone down in value as ebay and internet buying has come about. Before the days of the internet they where considered harder to find IMO. I still think this is one of the coolest set around. Only if it had Ruth

Tattoo Orbits:
I think this set is pretty tough card by card. You do have to get lucky and buy a lot of them IMO. I like the look of this set plus a lot more cards and HOFers. I cheated on this set though. I bought the near set in the last Mastro auction. I have been waiting sometime for a lot of these to come up. I have come to the understanding, that buying a near set is most times the best way to go. Let someone else do all the leg work and you pick it up for about 1/2 of what it would have cost you to get there in the first place, plus you still get to chase a few cards and upgrade as well. I know it takes most of the fun out of it but bidding against some of you guys on ebay is murder!

If it was me I would go for Delong first. You will find you can get a decent set pretty fast and I think very undervalued.

Trevor