View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Default delete- (rambling thoughts thread)......have at it.....

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Barry, you are correct. To substantially reduce industrial carbon dioxide emissions would have an enormous cost impact to the ecomomy. The same is true for automotive emissions.

However, although I am not convinced that it is a worthwhile project, the way to minimize our carbon dioxide emissions is to do the first thing first, then follow it with the next thing. This is underway.

The first thing is to follow the lead of Houston, Tx. and time the traffic lights in our cities to not impede the flow of traffic. Of course this has benefits beyond substantial carbon dioxide emission reduction, but that is ok.

The scond thing is to stop burning fuel to produce electricity. Bush has spoken about this with all of his renewable resources crap. But the big picture is that this can only be done by reinstituting our nuclear power plants and by funding research to develop better nuclear technology. Clearly, this can not be done by Thursday, but it can be started.

Here is where this thread has turned political. I am no longer talking about weather, I apologize. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Be well.