View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
As bad as PSA is, SGC is far worse. I tried to submit cards twice in the past year to SGC at shows. First of all, their form is obscenely complicated, as they tried to capture in one form every single permutation of any conceivable order. Stupid. But worst of all was that both times I had some guy trying to help me who seemed like he was just dragged in off the street for $7/hr and was more befuddled that I was about the form. News flash: I'm in your system. Give you people iPads. Let them pull up my account and quickly enter information on an iPad and then let me sign it and then print me out a friggin receipt. It's not rocket science. I just donated stuff at Goodwill and the whole transaction to log it and give me a receipt took about 70 seconds. I've leased cards with less aggravation than trying to submit 1 ticket stub to SGC to encapsulate. It's like the entire technology revolution has somehow passed these guys by.
I agree, the whole complicated paper submission thing for PSA and SGC is brutal. Inevitably what I want to submit I can't find and I need to call in for help. There has to be a way to streamline and simplify this process.

I'm biased towards SGC but I do find I get my submissions back way, way quicker than PSA. PSA does a good job but is just interminably slow and never hits promised benchmarks.