View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 03:47 PM
Jim Mac

Default Set Collecting For Me

Let me start by saying I'm 73 yrs old and have been in love with collecting since I was 10. I was a set collector then and I'm a set collector still. Love putting my "finds" usually from ebay, card shows or here on Net54 into those empty plastic 9 pocket pages. It's fun plugging in the missing holes and seeing the set develop over time, sometimes over a very long time. I just finished a really nice 63 topps baseball set that took about 4 yrs. Rose was the last card and I got a real nice Rose from Dave W. here on Net54, thanks Dave. So I started my favorite boyhood set right after the 63 was finished. The 1956 topps baseball has always been the set that I remember most as a kid so I'm going to try to put it together in a cool way, I think. I'm collecting both the grey and white backs. This will probably be my last big challenge but I'm fine with that. If I don't finish the set I'm hoping one of my three sons will pick it up and complete what I started. My boys love collecting just like their dad. So, whether you collect single cards of players you love or build sets or just buy for investments have fun and enjoy this fabulous hobby any way you want. Happy Collecting Jim