View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 04:22 AM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantlefan View Post
...and many people were ripped off for thousands by Mastro and aren't very happy.

Second chances are for the errors of youth. For adults of Theotakis' age, fraudulently shilling auctions and robbing tens of thousands of dollars was an act of crass greed. He knew that he was willfully and willingly cheating. He profited and he has admitted his sins. He has confessed his shameful actions, but I don't recall him providing any restitution to his victims. This was NOT a victimless crime and his victims are due restitution. That's where his second chance should begin. A simple mea culpa just doesn't work for this kind of criminal.
Yeah, color me baffled at those who seemingly don't care that Heritage has hired a convicted auction fraud. That just makes no sense to me. This isn't getting busted with a dime bag when you're in high school. It's consciously, willfully committing fraud against hundreds, or thousands, of people over an extended period of time. That's not "a mistake" and you shouldn't even be considered for a second chance in the industry, let alone actually GET one.