View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Default TBob, What's up with this?

Posted By: TBob

1) Yes I have already received payment.
2) Yes, it is a "common" but so is the T207 Johnny Kling. All the guides have the Kling listed (or they used to) at a common price despite the fact that it is almost impossible to find. If you have been following the T206s religiously on eBay, you will see that the Rhoades arm extended and (yes) Lindaman are two very, very tough cards, especially in EX or better. I don't know why there are so few for sale, but there are. John is right, I have been saying for years that the Rhoades arm extended is very, very tough and a few guys like Ty have been hoarding them and sprung them on eBay today after seeing what mine went for. I wish I had more.
3) What I didn't appreciate is a guy I've never heard from before emailing me and arguing about the relative scarcity of the card (everyone is entitled to their opinion) and then emailing the buyer and telling them the card isn't that scarce. It was all I could to keep from emailing this person and blasting him and telling him to keep it to his frigging self.
4) Hey, I was due to catch lightning in a bottle once in a while. Many of you have before.
5) Those of you who have followed my sales in the past know that I don't use the term "rare" unless it is a near one of a kind item (like my uncatalogued Johnny Kling or Frank Chance caramel card proofs) but I feel the term "scarce" is subjective and can be used to describe a card which is one of the toughest commons in a set filled with around 400 of them.
6) Anyway, I was happy, the buyer was happy, what else matters?
TBob