View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 08:15 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 View Post
Rob it also depends on your wallet as well. If you have the money going for the HOF players/cards is the wise thing to do.

I started collecting with ZERO agenda. I just liked the cards and wanted some. Then it turned into I want to get all the White Sox players. Then I bought the book T206 The Players and Their Stories, I wanted all of the "Bad Boys" then all of the "Overlooked by Cooperstown", then it turned into just any card that caught my eye. The great thing about this set is you can see cards but you'll never remember them all. Some cards you didn't like at first you can wind up loving. A card that has a certain great eye popping color can do it even if the cards design isn't the greatest.

Speaking from a person who's spending isn't that much that's how my approach has been. The HOF players I do have I've spent under $100 on every single one, they aren't in the greatest condition but I'm willing to sacrifice a little just to own a HOF card.

Just another way of looking at it.
Josh, that sounds a lot like me. I know I want to do something prewar, and the T206s have such enormous variety they just seemed like they would be fun to collect. I don't really feel I have preconceived goal going in, I just want to buy a few. I might collect cards with just one particular back for a while. Also like you, and unlike my postwar collecting, I am willing to give in on condition to be able to afford what I like. You have been putting together a very nice collection. I might also check out the e95 James mentioned, but I like what I see from T206 a lot and feel no pressure to "complete" anything in the classic sense. I don't have a huge budget, so I will take it slow either way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk