View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 11:27 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Hey Theo. Welcome to the board. My honest advice to anyone just joining the hobby, and particularly at your age, would be not to start with a $5,000 card.
+1 agree! But welcome to the hobby!

But to answer your question about Babe Ruth, there are lots of options available for a card. There is the Sanella card that is available for $200. There is the Churchmans sports of the world series card for about $200. Then there are some photos available like the 1934 Butterfinger, and the 1934 Quaker Oats that are between $100-$800 depending on quality.

But like the previous poster stated, for your age and being new to the hobby, you should experiment to see what you like. Some collectors like the thrill of opening packs or even boxes. Some like seeking out autographs. Others collect memorabilia. Some people collect archived news photos. There are so many different corners of the hobby. I suggest likewise you explore the areas of collecting before making a rush to invest so heavily on a single card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo