View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default 2017 Net54baseball "Dinner" at the National in Chicago, Embassy Suites Friday Night

With around 75 45 days left until the event, here is a friendly reminder as folks start to make plans for the 2017 Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago this year. The Net54baseball Dinner (*actually only hors d'oeuvres) will be on Friday 7/28/17, at the Embassy Suites Rosemont Ohare, which is sort of connected to the Donald Stevens Convention Center and is next door to the Hyatt Regency. It will start at 630pm and end when we run the last partiers out, which will be around 1100pm -1200am. There will be a room # and other details later. Folks attending should eat a bite before coming over as there will only be some appetizers to soak up the alcohol (or soda/water). They will be heavy appetizers but it won't be a dinner. The dinner part of the affair just never seemed to be that great so that is why we don't do them anymore. The open bar for soda and alcohol usually cures most ills. There are 2 tentative/confirmed speakers and more to be announced....probably . All members are invited and the shindig is free but there will be a non-mandatory $5 donation, of which 100%, will go to a yet to be named animal rescue in the North Texas area. That is one of my favorite parts of the dinner, actually.
There will be an RSVP thread approximately 3 weeks beforehand at which time everyone who wants to attend should sign up. The Dinners have been a lot of fun in the past and I am sure this one will be too. Thanks again to Heritage Auctions for being a Platinum sponsor again. Also, Love of the Games Auctions has stepped up and is a sponsor this year. Both companies have been advertisers on, and supportive of, Net54baseball and it's appreciated very much. Still looking for a few more speakers so if anyone has some good ideas please shoot me a PM.... (a few happy-to-be-home type cards) .Hope to see everyone at the Dinner!!...thanks and carry on....

Last edited by Leon; 07-02-2017 at 08:44 AM.