View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 06:40 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Options

Be careful with Turbolister. It is OK for listing a few dozen items quickly, but it tends to crash when you are uploading several hundred. A couple of years ago, I lost 500 listings when eBay "upgraded" Turbolister. EBay could not recover them for me.

COMC can be good, but if you send them 40,000 cards, it will cost you $12,500 plus shipping - up front. If you sell a COMC card on eBay, you will pay the eBay fees. When it comes time to pull your cash out of COMC, COMC hits you with a 20% cash out fee, so it ends up costing you more than eBay. You do save time on scanning, listing, and shipping, so that is significant. In addition, COMC is quickly becoming another eBay in regard to high prices, and many sellers do not take offers, or they only accept offers that are 5% or 10% off of the original price. If you take a look at pre-war cards, there are many cards that have been on the site for 3-4 year with no price reductions. There is one seller who lists beat up T213-2's for over $400 and he won't accept offers. These are the same type of cards that sell for $35 on eBay. Just like eBay, when you do a search, your search will be filled with overpriced BIN's, just like on eBay. I guess what I saying is that if you have reasonable prices and accept offers, you will sell some cards.

If I was selling graded cards, I would send them to PWCC. It will save you a lot of time. I enjoy listing, selling, and shipping cards, so I don't mind the work, so you might want to list some of your raw singles yourself.

Anyway, you might want to analyze your inventory and do a mix of PWCC, eBay, and COMC, and the best place to sell is right here on the BST.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 07-23-2016 at 06:41 AM.