View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 09:00 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

I use the gsp and your post raises a couple of red flags for your transaction. By not using the gsp to generate a label you put yourself in a bad position. If eBay is unable to track your package and the buyer claims they didn’t get it then they can get refunded for the item. Second, the buyer paid probably $20+ for the shipping. You never see that money - eBay gets it directly to handle the intl ship. So they paid for a service they didn’t get. Intl tracking is expensive and changes often. I use the gsp so I don’t have to fill out all of the forms or keep up with changing rates. I just send to the us location and eBay handles the rest.

When I signed up for gsp it was totally voluntary and I had to go through several steps to sign up. I’m not sure how they have changed things so your account and all of your listings now accept it but you probably want to contact them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Yes, eBay likes to suprise us. For the last couple of years, I have only mailed to US locations. Last week, a buyer from Canada purchased one of my items. I looked at the listed, and it showed that I was enrolled in the Global shipping program. So, I sent the item to Canada directly and bypassed the GSP.

Then, I started looking at my items, and all 600 of them showed that I was in the Global shipping program. I never received any info from eBay about this and I never opted into the program. So, I had to go to my account and manually opt out. Wouldn't you think that eBay would have let me know about it?

Rick