View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Default Post war side of the board?

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I would certainly vote against bringing the postwar side of the board back over here. There are so many terrific sets from the 40s and 50s that they really need to have their own board. Regional issues in particular are very popular with board members and I see no reason to combine that entire section with the prewar side.

Part of the reason that section doesn't get more hits is because people still post postwar questions over here (be it 1950s issues, boxing cards or even memorabilia) and we just sort of let it go. In effect, we've sort of shot ourselves in the foot because I feel people believe that if they want their post to get more "notice", it needs to be on the main forum page where more people will see it. If we all were a little better about keeping everything not concerning Pre-WWII baseball cards over on the other side, I think that section would be utilized more.

Now then, you could make a case that certain areas of the postwar thread could be contracted. If you wanted to remove the basketball section (for instance) we could do so fairly easily and leave everything else intact. But I wouldn't touch the main Postwar forum as that appears to still be getting quite a bit of activity.